When Ian Cubitt founded his home improvement family company back in 1995 with 5 members, he could hardly have foreseen its growth to a substantial company comprising 5 exhibition and design centres and over 40 employees.
Ian Cubitt’s Classic Home Improvements has risen up to stand tall as New South Wales’ largest and most trusted Granny Flat Builder - now constructing over 300 new Granny Flats a year. The company is also a major player in the home improvement sector.
Ian attributes the success to staying the course he set out when the company started up 20 years ago:
Maintaining the original philosophy of integrity and commitment at all times and staying totally focused on what we do best - improving the amenity to client’s homes. And we certainly could not have come this far without the loyal support and hard work of each member of the ICCHI team – nine of whom have been with us from the very start.
Ian describes the principles that have contributed to the company’s success:
- Identifying and maintaining a clear understanding of our client’s needs.
- Ensuring we meet the client’s needs, not our ideas of what those needs may be.
- Ensuring a line of communication from the first call to Handover.
- Remaining focussed at all times on the reason for the company’s existence.
- Supporting and nurturing success, through the establishment of strong relationships with suppliers and tradespeople.
- Maintaining an ongoing ability for the company to refocus on the market place and the continual changes to its needs and products.
- Maintaining the original philosophy of Integrity and Commitment at all times.
A dinner to commemorate, celebrate and appreciate
On 15/8/15 we celebrated our 20 year anniversary with a formal company birthday dinner at the Fairmont Resort in the Blue Mountains. Importantly, the event was also held to show how appreciative Ian and his whole family were for those that joined him in the very beginning and continue to be loyal employees to this day.
Ian and his wife handed out appreciation awards to the people who have been with the company through the thick and thin: Chris Mitchell, Ted Crawford, Greg Boggis, Dot Platt, Darren Gow, Ray Hoskins, Stewart Mathews, Steve Newton, and Tanya Galea. There was also a special thank you to Amanda Furlong for organising the whole evening.
Ian Cubitt also thanked everyone for being there and being a part of an amazing team:
Without the support of our excellent team the company would never have been this big. Every one of you plays a very important role in the development of our company and it is your enthusiasm and dedication that have brought us to this height. ICCHI could not have come this far without the loyalty and hard work of each and every member of our team.
From modest beginnings Ian Cubitt’s Classic Home Improvements has achieved a substantial reputation:
- The title of being New South Wales’ largest and most trusted Granny Flat Builder and now the largest builder of Granny Flats in NSW.
- Collectively having over 150 years of experience in the building industry.
- Won many Housing Industry Awards and created an enviable track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Now able to offer a diverse range of products and packages that can be tailored to suit our clients’ dreams and budgets.
- Proudly a totally Australian owned and operated company.
- A wholly accredited member of HIA (Housing Industry Association).